Keeping our minds healthy and active. Device Free Challenges.
Following Christmas, Britain sees a significant increase in the use of plastics which have a big impact on our environment and global warming.
Create an under the sea display using plastic waste from around your house. You could also make a jelly fish, crab and fish from plastics and other wastes. Make a display explaining the impacts of plastic waste on the oceans.
Facts about Plastic
- On a yearly basis, around 8 million metric tons of plastic ends up in our oceans, seas and rivers.
- It takes approximately 450 years for the ocean to break down man-made plastic items.
- “Microplastics” – A smaller piece of plastic. These microplastics have now made their way into our diets through the sea food we consume.
- 100 million marine animals die every year from plastics invading their homes.
- By the year 2050 there will be more plastic in the ocean than fish.